Sunday, March 18, 2007

E2 (Endurance Ride)

Back on the trainer again, due to weather and laziness. Andrea went out earlier today for her E2 ride and pushed a 20 mph wind all the way from Hutchinson to Glenco 18 miles and was able to hold an impressive 12 mph average speed. However, she got a flat tire in Glenco and I had to drive to pick her up. She was disappointed that she wasn't able to ride the wind back toward home. Anyway, I suffered indoors on the trainer watching "Changing Lanes" on the big screen.

The ride went fairly well, the legs felt good and the HR stayer relatively low considering the effort. I held a 19 mph speed for the majority of the ride, slowing down for a couple of sections to give the legs a slight break. I remember back to the initial E2 rides and holding 17 mph was painful (things have improved). At the 2:20 mark it was getting late and my legs felt as if they had enough so I called it a good ride.

No comments: