Thursday, March 29, 2007

S1, S2 (Single Leg Drills and Spin Ups)

I used to like this workout more in the past, but as of late it is getting a little anoying. I do believe in them and that is the only reason that I am still doing them. As the training goes on and the intensities are higher there needs to be times where you go back to the basics and make sure that you are not loosing pedling form. That is what the single leg drills are for, not to mention that my hamstrings are still slightly underdeveloped compared to my quads and this excercise helps with that as well. The spin-ups are another drill that helps me maintain my leg speed despite the fact that more and more workouts focus on power at a lower cadence. The workout duration was only 1:30, but tonight it seemed longer than usual. The procedure for the workout is listed below.

Summary
Duration: 1:30
0:00 - 0:10 Warm-up

0:10 - 0:48 Single leg drills
0:48 - 0:52 Spin
0:52 - 1:15 Spin-Ups

No comments: