Wednesday, March 21, 2007

E2 (Endurance)

I don't always write about a ride before its done, but I had some time so I thought I would get this started while I have some time. Tonight's ride will begin after the Pesavento twins go to bed (7:30 PM), but my kids will have some time to watch Survivor Fiji (Spring break). On the slate is a standard E2 (endurance) ride. This time I think I will hold a slightly slower pace 18 mph and see how my body recovers before tomorrows M2 (Cruise Intervals). If the weather is nice tomorrow I will try to get out over lunch to ride on the road. We will see how things go tonight.

The ride is done and it went fairly well. I averaged 17.9 mph over the 2 hour ride and the legs felt good. Half way through the ride I adjusted the tension on the drive roller and I could see a noticeable difference in my HR. I will need to make sure I am careful setting up the trainer the same way each time. On a related note it might also explain why the intervals I have done lately have not been as good as the ones I performed earlier in the season. I have been running the tension higher than normal to make sure the rear tire doesn't slip during the higher effort intervals.

No comments: