Sunday, March 11, 2007

E2 (Endurance)

I decided to take a break
I woke up early Sunday morning (something I hate to do) to get on the bike for a relatively easy but long endurance ride. My body was not liking the fact that it received 1 hour less sleep due to daylight savings time. I grabbed a few things to eat quickly and a stash of food for the ride and headed downstairs. During the warm-up I kept asking myself if this was beneficial to my training or would I be better off going back to sleep. The legs felt good and as I continued to push to a higher speeds my heart rate remained fairly low (similar to past efforts). After about 10 minutes I made the decision to stop the ride and go back to bed.

In general the training has been disjointed since the race in Tucson and trip (not unexpected). This week is the second week of build 1 with nearly 9 weeks before the start of the race season. The primary goal now is to get the training back on track, which I don't think will be a problem. The weather is getting warmer and the snow is quickly melting. Andrea and I will need to make changes in our schedule to start riding outdoors.

No comments: