Tuesday, January 1, 2008

S1,S2 (Spin Ups and Single Leg Drills)

For this year I have changed the spin ups from last year. The focus is on technique and speed and I should feel refreshed after these workouts. Last year I used too high of resistance and the workouts more resembled anaerobic intervals as opposed to simply working on speed. I picked an easy gear (32/17) and was able to spin up to 21+ mph for each of the 6 sessions. I tried to focus on keeping the lower body still and I would slow down if I noticed my butt bouncing on the saddle. My goal is to steadily increase my speed through the Base phase while maintaining perfect form.
The single leg drills are also slightly different from last year. Again the focus is more on form and less on building strength and endurance. The resistance is lower, (same gearing as the spin ups) and I am trying to carry the duration on each leg a little longer. As soon as the peddling gets a little choppy and I can't correct it I will stop.

No comments: