Wednesday, January 16, 2008

E2 (Endurance Ride)

For some reason I pulled the short straw and got to get up early to train. I wasn't that bad, however, because today's ride is a relatively short 1 hour endurance ride. To stay consistent with the last couple of weeks I chose to push the pace towards the upper end of the E2 range.

The legs felt dead and stiff this morning. I don't know if it was because it was morning or something else. Either way after 3 or 4 minutes they started to feel better as I gradually ramped up the speed. At the 10 minute mark I was at cruising speed. At the 30 min mark I dropped into my 42/12 gear and held a pace in the low 19s for the next 10 minutes before changing back into 42/13.

Legs felt good and strong and it was only during the 10 min section that I could feel any burning in the quads.

Ride Summary
Ride Duration: 1:00:00
Gearing 42/13
Total Distance: ##.# miles
Average Speed: 18.1 mph
Average Power: ### watts
Average Heart Rate: 1##

No comments: