Sunday, January 13, 2008

E2 (Endurance Ride)

I was not feeling 100% today, but I managed to complete the designated 3 hour endurance ride. I am not sure if I have a cold comming on or what, but my head was a little plugged up and I felt a little worn down despite getting plenty of sleep.

On the bike, the legs felt a little sluggish at first, therefor, I kept the speed a little lower during the warm up to "feel" things out. After the 10 min warm-up I settled into a decent pace in the low 17s. I knew the ride was going to seem like a long time and at the 1 hour mark I was ready to be done. It was not that the legs felt bad, but rather I was just bored. I put in Star Wars and watched it with Wyatt for the first two hours of the ride, but it didn't help too much. I thought about quitting at the two hour mark and forced myself to 2.5 hours. At that time Andrea provided additional encouragement buy stating that we might not be able to get in our long rides next weekend because of Wyatts birthday. I did manage to complete the entire 3 hour ride, but I will not say that it wasn't difficult.

After the ride I grabbed some lunch and soaked the legs in the tub for a while.



Ride Summary
Ride Duration: 3:0:20
Gearing 42/14
Total Distance: 53.5 miles
Average Speed: 17.8 mph
Average Power: 204 watts
Average Heart Rate: 149

No comments: