Thursday, January 10, 2008

S1, S2 (Spin Ups and Single Leg Drills)

The ride tonight felt pretty good and the legs felt great. Yesterday I could still feel burning in the legs when I walked up stairs, but they felt fresh and strong on the bike. Not that that is saying to much when the objective of the training ride is to spin at a low resistance. Either way the legs are feeling as good as they ever have.

I kept the speed relatively slow for the first 10 minutes then got into the spin-ups. I completed 8 spin-ups each one beginning 5 minutes from the start of the previous one. I was able to hold 19.5 - 20 mph for most of the sessions and only notices a slight amount of bouncing. My objective is to keep the lower body as still as possible while maintaining as high of speed as I can for a duration of 45 seconds (after a 30 second ramp up to max speed). After the spin-ups I rounded the workout out with single leg drills for 15 minutes before doing a good cool down at E2 for 10 minutes and spinning for another 5.

I have a day and a half rest before the weekend two day block with 5 hours of riding.

No comments: