Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Group Ride

After having Monday off and a race coming up this Sunday, I though it would be a good idea to get in a little intensity early in the week. Therefore, I made my way downtown to meet up with the weekly group ride.
Because the 4th fell on a Wednesday our group was small 5 guys with all of the heavy hitters absent. That left me to find a way to generate some intensity with the B group, which wasn't too bad seeing I was riding my mountain bike and the rest of the group had road bikes. The ride started out fairly slow until we worked our way North out of town and I just lazily rode in the back feeling things out. Once we got out of town the pace picked up and I moved to the front to push harder. I pushed hard on any uphill and easily pulled away from the group, but I would slow down each time because I enjoyed riding with them.
The ride went well, but I wish the group would have been a little stronger to push me a little harder. Fun either way.

Ride Summary
Ride Time: 1:45:22
Ave Speed: 17.5 mph
Ave HR: 149 bpm
Distance 30.8 miles

No comments: