Saturday, July 14, 2007

A2 (Anearobic VO2 Max Intervals)

Hammer Session! (Kansas City, Missouri)

After sitting in the car for 8 hours Friday/Saturday the legs felt a little ooky! I typically go out for a fairly hard workout on Saturday morning, but with the late night of driving getting up was impossible.

I managed to go out for a ride later in the afternoon to map out a few rides for later in the week. I didn't have much time because it was getting close to dinner time so I decided to hit it rather hard. The weather was nice but a little on the warm side 90+ with little to no wind.

The ride started fairly mellow for the first 10 minutes, but there are a few decent climbs and I pushed out of the saddle each time keeping a good pace. It is really nice training where there are some hills because I feel very comfortable climbing. The hills are nothing spectacular, 100+ feet is typical with little flat ground in between. Unless you are following a river you are either going up or down.

The ride was short lasting less than one hour but I must have pushed it fairly hard because as soon as I got back and stopped my body was covered in sweet.


Ride Summary
Ride Duration: 0:57:12
Total Distance: 18.1 miles
Average Speed: 19.0 mph
Average Heart Rate: 162 bpm
Elevation Gain: 860 feet

No comments: