Thursday, July 12, 2007

M3 (Threshold Ride)

Limited Time, Why not Push It!

This morning I had a little less time to complete my workout, because I had left my biking bag at work the night before. Therefore, I got up early, ate a quick breakfast and drove to work to start my ride from there rather than the house.

Because I had limited time I decided to do a threshold ride where I push slightly below LT for 20-40 minutes. Seeing as the races are all over 2 hours (for me at least) I decided to hit it hard for the entire ride. I had somewhat of an short warm-up, hitting it fairly hard only 10 minutes into the ride. The legs felt really good and the slight twinge in my right knee did not seem to be a problem. On the way out I was pushing a slight head wind, but as time goes on and I become a stronger riders the wind is less of a factor. I road the back way to Dassel and heading back on Hwy 15.

Ride Summary
Ride Duration: 1:29:02
Total Distance: ##.# miles
Average Speed: 20.3 mph
Average Power: ### watts
Average Heart Rate: ### bpm
Elevation Gain: #### feet

No comments: