Saturday, July 7, 2007

Preride

We arrived at Mt. Kato a little after 10:00 AM because we knew it was going to be a hot one. I got the kids bikes down and let them ride around in the parking lot while I got ready to go out with Taylor on the preride.

After the preride with Taylor I needed to check out some some of the new sections that they added to the Expert/Comp course for this year. I kept a moderate pace up the "Kato Climb" and rolled through the single track on top and ripped through the downhill sections. As my fitness keeps improving the hills keep getting smaller and smaller. The new sections "Ridge Line" and "Quick Release" were fairly technical and fun with a lot of roots and tricky turns. I was a little tentative down "Quick Release" but it is a section you have to fully commit to or you can get really messed up. You need to make the turn, pick a line (any line), and let the bike go.

The lap time was about 28 minutes and I felt pretty good afterwards.

No comments: