Wednesday, July 11, 2007

E2 (Endurance)

It was actually nice to get up this morning for a ride. Although I was not exactly thrilled to get out of bed at 4:30 AM, I at least felt like I had a decent nights sleep.

Andrea and I were on the bikes by 5:00 and started fairly easy. It was actually quite cool, 54 F, this morning and it took a little while for the legs to warm up. We took the Loose Line trail to Hwy 15 and pushed it a little up the hill. We rode side by side for a little while before I took the lead for a while. It was nice riding together since most of the time we ride separately. At the 45 minute mark we turned around heading south back towards Hutchinson. We mostly rode side by side, which puts me in the lower range for an E2 and the upper range for Andrea. That was fine by me, however, because my legs were still a little sore from Sunday.

The ride went well, but I was scheduled for a 2 hour ride and this was a little short. I might try to get out over lunch for another ride to make up the difference. We have a 3 week break before the next race, so it is a good time to build up the volume again.


Ride Summary
Ride Duration: 1:29:01
Total Distance: 24.8 miles
Average Speed: 16.7 mph
Average Heart Rate: 135 bpm
Elevation Gain: ### feet

No comments: