Saturday, May 19, 2007

Preride

Not much to say from the training front. Today I will pre ride the Spring Cup course and get a feel of the lines and loosen up the legs for tomorrows race.

Andrea went out with Jordan for her pre ride and turned an easy lap with her. Jordan was fairly tired from the soccer game in the morning so she ended her ride after riding the south loop. Andreas second lap was at near race pace and she felt more confidant afterwards.

After Andrea got back I went out with Taylor to run her through the Kids Comp course which was supposed to be part of the south loop and the entire north loop. The sections were not marked, however, and we ended up doing the entire south loop and skipping the north. Anyway she handled the conditions very well, but was a little tired when she got finished. After I dropped off Taylor I went out at about 75% effort to see how the turns and course was holding up (it has been very dry). I had a lot of trouble in the turns and it felt like the front end was on the verge of sliding out on every turn. I was a little worried because I knew tomorrow the speeds would be considerable higher and I needed to carry speed through the corners to hold a respectable pace. After the lap I went back to see how the family was doing and decided not to go out for another lap. I knew I would have plenty of practice time during the race tomorrow.

No comments: