Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A6 Race Simulation

Since we have a race coming up this weekend I thought it would be a good idea to get on the dirt. I have done a lot of training on the road and indoor trainer, but relatively little time on the dirt. The last time was over a week back at Salem Hills and a short lap this past Sunday. Because of work meeting schedules I wasn't able to go out during lunch so I bailed at 9:00 to ride for about an hour.

The recent trail work that Andrea and I did left the trail in near perfect condition; slightly tacky and clean of all debris. Without a warm up I completed the first lap in 16:27 and took a 5 minute break to get some water. The second lap I pushed a little harder and turned a 15:57 lap time easily my fastest two laps at Stahl's Lake. The final lap I started to feel a little tired and backed it down a little bit finishing in 16:32. I think my best time last year was around 17-18 minutes so I am faster than last year. In addition as the trail dries out the time should drop. My goal is to turn sub 15 minute laps by mid season. In fact I think if I really pushed it I could do it now, but probably for only a lap or two. I would like to go out and turn 6-8 consecutive laps at a 16 minute pace.

No comments: