Tuesday, June 12, 2007

E2 (Endurance Ride)

Today I went out for an endurance ride over lunch to get used to the heat. Although it wasn't particularly hot it is much warmer than most of my previous training rides in the early morning hours, I think I saw 84 F on a business sign.

The wind was blowing fairly good when I got on the bike so I decided to head East on 7 so it would only be slightly into the wind, most of it coming across from my right. I took it fairly easy for the first 10 minutes or so because the legs felt a little sluggish from the hard race on Sunday. Things started to come around and I performed a few lazy standing sprints every 10 minutes or so for at least a 1 minute duration. I would then back it back down to the previous pace to recover. I think I performed 4 or 5 of these and then held a high E2 pace for the remainder of the ride.

At about the 55 minute mark I stopped at a golf course on 7 and filled up the water bottle before heading back towards Hutchinson. The wind was no slightly at my back and I was averaging 21-23 mph most of the time. As I headed back towards home I could tell that I was starting to get a little tired because it took extra effort to keep a good pace. I will need to bring something to eat for these rides otherwise they will be somewhat counter productive.

Good ride, the legs are a little tired but not to bad.

Summary

No comments: