Tuesday, June 19, 2007

E2 (Endurance Ride) on Trainer

It is Strange that I would ride on the trainer on such a beautiful day, but I have good reasons. First, I was unwilling to get up early to fit in my ride so that left me with trying to find time in the evening. Andrea was willing to take the girls to their evening softball practice, but I kept the boys home with me to get a little yard work done. Although that gave me time to ride, I would have to stay near home because the boys would be in bed and Andrea wouldn't get back until around 9:00 PM. The second reason is that the trainer gives me a good indication of my power levels so I cam make a comparison to rides earlier in the season.

I set up the trainer in its usual location facing the big screen TV and turned to the last couple of innings of the Twins game. My legs felt good during the warm-up and I quickly ramped it up to 18+ mph. I was surprised at how low my heart rate was considering the speed I was riding, much better than rides a month ago. The first part of the ride I was in the high 18s but worked it up to 19.3 - 19.5 mph later in the ride. At about the 1:30 mark I could tell that the legs were getting a little tired, but I was able to push through to the end at 2 hours. When I got off the legs felt a little tired but not too bad.

Ride Summary
Time: 2:00:00
Ave Speed: 19.0 mph
Ave HR: 151 bpm
Distance: 38 miles

No comments: