Friday, June 1, 2007

E1 (Active Recovery)

Despite the late night from the Buck Hill race Jordan and I (more Jordan) were determined to get up and go for a recovery ride in the morning. I woke Jordan up early (5:00 AM) and she kind of rolled over, but once she remembered that we were going riding she quickly shook the sleep from her eyes and jumped out of bed.
The conditions were beautiful, but there was a hint of rain so we didn't want to wait around. I didn't want to get to far from home, but we had an hour so we decided to head down South Grade road and turned on CR 7 toward Menard's. We took a right on Hwy. 15 and headed south for a few miles before turning back to the west. I was impressed at how well Jordan holds a decent speed (typically 12+ mph). As we headed south the sun began to rise over the horizon, just awesome. During the ride Jordan was fairly content to hold a steady pace but occasionally she would sprint up ahead of me coaxing me to follow. I think she managed to push near 18 mph on a couple of occasions. One the way back we passed south grade and turned on Roberts road because we were a couple of minutes ahead of schedule.
The ride lasted nearly 1 hour and it was a good endurance ride for Jordan and a fairly decent recovery ride for myself. We will try to do this again next week.

No comments: