Sunday, December 16, 2007

Training time of year?

Well, I gave myself a little more time off this year than last to guard against burn out, but it is now time to get back to training. This week marks the first of two weeks in the prep phase before base 1. The weekly plan is no different than the transition phase, but what is different is the focus on consistancy. That being said, I will do my best to back it down when I am feeling tired to avoid getting sick. It seamed like last year I was always run down and I can count at least 3 colds during the race season, not to mention pneamonia to finish off the season.

I will try my best to write about each ride in a separate entry, more for myself to keep things organized. I also hope that others will find this benificial as well. In the next couple of days I plan to put together a concrete list of goals for the upcomming 2008 race season, including a few interim goals along the way to keep myself on track. One primary goal will be to increase my power at threshold. There are others, but I will leave that for another post.

I am looking forward to 2008. I know a few comp riders that are making the move up to expert and I think we will feed off of each others abilities. I wish everyone a very merry Christmas and hope your training is going well.

No comments: