Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spin Ups and Single Leg Drills

A late training ride tonight. It was a busy evening with Taylor having girls scouts and Me spending time with Devon and Wyatt getting their bikes ready to ride. I wasn't sure I wanted to get on the ride tonight because my legs were still tired from Monday nights intervals and endurance ride. Despite the fact that I missed the ride on Sunday, I could squeeze in all the scheduled rides this week. With tonight's ride complete that I still might make it.

The way I have been doing the spin ups and single leg drills this year they are more of a recovery ride than a workout. By lowering the resistance and concentrating on form I get the intended benefit without risking over training during the week. I got on the bike at 9:15 PM and started with a 10 minute warm up. It felt good to spin some of the crud out of the legs before starting the single leg drills. I alternated 35 second with one leg then 25 seconds with both than went to the other leg. The SLDs took 20 minuets and then I changed to spin ups were I ramped up to a maximum cadence over 30 second and then maintained that cadence for 45 seconds. I started a new spin up every 5 minutes and finished at the 1 hour mark. The legs feel better today than yesterday so it was beneficial to do the workout. Endurance work tonight that should indicate how the legs are doing.

No comments: