Tuesday, September 4, 2007

E1 (Active Recovery)

I have to get my act together and keep this updated!

It has been probably a month since I have posted on the training portion of my blog, which I consider more for me than anyone else. I need to do this so as I look back through the training I can see how I felt and use that information to plan. Anyway, rant to self over.

After a busy weekend up at Maplelag and less sleep than I would like the legs, and entire body, for that matter felt tired today. In anticipation for the Thursday night race at Hillside this week, I opted for an easy ride today to aid in the recovery process and set myself up for a good E2 ride Wednesday morning. The hope is that the legs will feel good by then and I will still have sufficient time to recover before the race on Thursday. No logging any data today, because I left my HR monitor in my bag in the locker room. In fact I had to take a detour home to get my helmet because I forgot that as well.

OK, to the ride. Not much happened. I rode home at a slow pace to get my helmet, talked to Andrea for 30 minutes while I scarfed down a yummy caramel roll brought home from Maplelag and rode back to work. I don't know how much better the legs feel, but my stomach is much happier now

Well must get back to work.

No comments: